Welcome!

Hello and welcome to my Food Journey. I will be posting reviews, pictures, tips and more of the many
restaurants I visit. My goal is to not visit the same restaurant twice in one year! Hopefully my readers will
get some helpful information about places they might like to try. I will also occasionally feature Guest
Reviewers, and take suggestions of restaurants you would like me to visit. I wish you happy dining!!

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Andres - Cuban and Puerto Rican Cuisine

Cuban Cuisine....not something I bet anyone would think I would like.  But guess what, I do!  I went here the first time a few years ago because I had a Restaurant.com coupon, and also it was close to my house.  I had no idea what kind of food to expect, or if I would find anything to eat.  What I found was food so good I keep coming back again and again!

On this visit, I tried the Chuletas de Puerco, which is marinated pork chops, served with steamed riceand Puerto Rican-style red beans, I also got the add on salad, and all entrees come with a basket of garlic bread for the table.  It was quite good...meat tender and juicy, rice flavorful.  To drink I had a pineapple soda, my usual when I come to Andres.  I don't think my pictures do the food justice...



On previous visits I have tried their other roast pork dishes, and they have all been delicious.  Other dishes have come with different kinds of rice, different kinds of beans and some with yuca and plantains. Just depends what you like.  My preference is for pork over beef, but Andres has many beef dishes to choose from,  and also chicken.  I always say I'm going to try something different, but the pork with garlic sauce keeps calling my name.

I have also been to Andres for lunch, and enjoyed a Cuban Sandwich which was really, REALLY good.   Accompanied by a Papaya shake, doesn't get much better than that!


Next to Andres is Andres Market.  A cute little store where they sell many international items such as spices, meats and desserts.  They also sell their pineapple (and coconut) soda there ;)

I said I was only going to eat at each of my restaurants once this year, but Andres is the one place that might tempt me to break my rule!

Have you eaten at Andres?  What did you order?  What did you think?